Friday, January 27, 2012

News from 'Dubbo Dave'

Sorry Keith Rod, I took so long to tell you the news after telling you at the party that things were not travelling that well..I have included a couple of other Asopians on the roll out.

Bill could you please put it on the blog so if anybody else is interested they can have a read..I don’t know if the blog is for this sort of news if it isn’t ..no worries

Well the news is that I had my pet scan and I have two tumours ( they call them lesions) not 1 as we first thought in the liver.. the good news is that they are not very far apart
The oncologist has referred me to a liver surgeon who I will go and see  this Tuesday
The liver surgeon’s job on the first visit is twofold..he has to
1 Look at the latest pet and cat scans and see if he can do the procedure and if the procedure will be of benefit to me
2 Look at me and see if I am up to this big operation and long recuperation period

Realise this news is a bit nebulous  but that’s where we are at  the moment...Keep you in the loop
Dave from Dubbo

To which Rod added:
I think that when you put this on the blog…some reference should be made about Dave’s state of mind…
He is very positive as we found out at the lunch a week ago and will certainly not “lay down and die”….
Elissa is a great supporter and I am sure his many friends are including him “in their prayers”…
I have no doubt he will get through it..

Regards,
Rod.

Ed:
After talking with Dave at Bob's birthday bash, I too was impressed with his positive attitude. I am sure we all wish Dave all the best  and hope the outcome is successful.

1 comment:

  1. The liver has remarkable recuperative and regenerative powers and I am certain that Dave will survive, recover completely and live out a long life with the remainder of his liver - I know of many in rhe same situation. In any event, he and Elissa will be in our prayers.
    I have a tumour also, in my left thigh. It is most probably a lipoma, not a liposarcoma, the MRI readers believe and I am seeing the surgeon on Tuesday on my return to Oz. We have been in Thailand for the past eleven weeks - I was a delegate to and was to have made a presentation at the Seventh Princess Chulabhorn International Science Congress in Bangkok Nov 13-17 ("Cancer, from Basic Research to Cure") but it was postponed to later this year due to the floods. We had planned to stay on to the end of the school holidays but Qantas would not change ore reservation so we came in spite.
    I apologise for adding this to Dave's blog but I am uncertain how to create a blog.
    Warwick and Lek (Kanjana)

    ReplyDelete