Thursday, July 08, 2010

BILL WELBOURNE WINGS AWAY



I am nervously packing for my trip to Canada that my mate in the UK asked me to organize. I met him years ago while teaching at Brisbane Boys' College while he was on exchange. Of course we've retired from teaching now but we're both busy. He works part time as a sports journalist and announcer for BBC Radio Jersey. I want to get stuck into writing but at the moment I'm researching as much as possible on New Guinea history. I now have quite a library of books I've ordered over the net, at least 18 and quite a few $$$$ but keeps me busy and entertained... but more importantly out of mischief!

Richard has a ski lodge in Colorado and suggested we dump our gear there and take a trip. I suggested we head for Canada, travel 'light' and go there first to take in the Calgary Stampede... chuck waggon races, rodeo etc...Richard wanted to wait until the W Cup Soccer Finals so then due to time constraints, we had to  fly  direct to Canada in order to get to the Stampede. Then we take a trip over the Rockies to Vancouver by bus, train and helicopter. Then up to Whistler and over to Vancouver Island. After taking in the Butchard Gardens we travel by ferry to Seattle. We then fly to Denver and over to the Ski lodge to scout about for a week ,but no skiing as it's summer..... finally home on 6th August. Well that's the plan  ( all done over the net, so hopefully all goes well.)



1 comment:

  1. Knowing you BW - all will go well.
    Just doin't get lost in Colorado!
    Have a wonderful time and on August 1st, we will lift glasses to toast your travels.
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete